Why are Antennas Important?
If you are wondering why antennas are important, you’ve come to the right place. Make sure to keep reading below because we will be sharing some facts about antennas and why they are important for today’s technology.
What are Antennas?
Here are some of the important specifications of an antenna
1. Beamwidth – A beamwidth of an antenna is the measurement of the area over which the antenna receives a signal. If an antenna has a high gain, the beam width will be smaller.
2. Frequency – The frequency is directly proportional to the kinetic energy the electronic waves carry during the transmission. When the frequency is high it also affects the power of the wave. Wireless networking antennas operate using between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequencies.
3. Gain – An antenna’s gain is its ability to amplify the signals that it receives. The gain directly affects the antenna’s capability to receive a transmission. Gain is measured in decibels and it is also the antenna’s capture area and transmission or reception frequency.
Larger antennas tend to have higher gain values. For wide-area networks where data transmission will normally require the long-distance transmission of data, you have to get an antenna with a high gain rating which is greater than 10. If you will be using an antenna in a small area or a small space like a home or office setting, you can use a lower gain antenna.
Antenna design is important in a wireless product and here are some of the reasons why:
1. It provides gain – This helps increase the radiated signal without increasing the need for additional battery power.
2. Ensures consistent signal transmission – A good antenna will help you transmit all the signals in all directions so communication will not be lost or affected.
3. Maximizes signal levels – A working antenna will help maximize the signal while preventing noise reception.
Antennas are one of the important components of wireless infrastructure. Antennas are normally used in radios and local area networks. For a wireless network to work properly, you will need an antenna that functions effectively and efficiently.
A good antenna is required for office, home, or outdoor wireless networks so it can provide an effective wireless connection. If you need a working antenna for a project, home, office, business, or company wireless network, make sure to trust a reliable company like SEI. You can check out our website for more details. You can also use this contact form to contact us.
Are you searching for a company that offers RF and Microwave products? SEI is worth checking out. We are located in California, USA. We offer different types of high-quality Microwave and RF products. If you are in the market for one, please let us know so we can help you out.
You can contact us by calling our number (408) 374-1031 or you can also send us an email at [email protected]. Our address is 1732 Aviation Blvd. #550 Redondo Beach, CA 90278 USA. What are you waiting for? Send us a quote today, or if you have any questions regarding the products that we offer, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to help you out with your RF and Microwave product needs!